In 1569, Archduchess Magdalena, the sister of Archduke Ferdinand II, moved in with her sisters and other nobles to the newly founded convent for women. The complex built by Giovanni Lucchese was enhanced with robust, representative stucco in 1611 and 1691. In 1783, the monastery was dissolved, and much of the valuable art collection was destroyed. Since 1912, the former convent for women has been used again as a monastery.