Churches and monasteries - Tulfes
St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Church - Tulfes
The St Thomas Parish Church in Tulfes was first mentioned in a Wilten Abbey archive document dated 1332. In 1333 the "pro Capella S. Thomae" was given an indulgence of 40 days and the cemetery was consecrated inn 1486. The present tower was built in 1718, while the church itself is late Gothic. The high altar dates from 1724. The fine altar picture was the work of the Hall painter, Alois Reisacher.
The Giner brothers from Thaur painted the frescoes on the ceiling. These were renovated in 1839 by Barthlmä Mayr and Andreas Nocker from Rinn. Adorning the church's southern exterior wall is a large St Christopher in typical 16th-century style.