Churches and monasteries - Fritzens
Pfarrkirche St. Johannes der Täufer - Fritzens
The parish church, rebuilt in 1933 in only 99 days by the inhabitants of Fritzens on the site of the neo-Gothic chapel, houses the miracle-performing "Fritzens Head" (Fritzner Haupt), which originated from a destroyed crucifix or a "Lord in Misery". It was retrieved by fisherman from the River Inn in 1637 and later taken to the parish church.
Most religious wooden statuary was the work of local woodcarver, Hans Kirchmayer from Mils The four bells were cast by Innsbruck Grassmayr company and consecrated in 1948. The painter Xaver Fuchs painted the church's ceiling fresco in 1936.